Digital transformation has become a key part of NHS strategy. Technology can help unlock huge benefits in productivity, privacy of data, interoperability and patient engagement – and Integrella has worked with numerous NHS Trusts in this area since its inception in 2007.
NHS organisations and local councils are developing shared proposals to improve health and care. Working in geographical areas covering all of England, the plans are led by senior figures from different parts of the local health and care system. The latest thinking is set out in Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs) for each area.
Each STP describes a programme for digital transformation for the area, where the plan is organised into sections which broadly cover these areas:
- A digitally active population – access to personal health records, self management, remote monitoring and ability to complete digital transactions
- A insights driven health system – the means to analyse health system benchmarking, cohort stratification, patient tracking, case management, whole pathway decision support and predictive modelling
- Shared health and care records and care plans
- Linked integration and messaging – establishing links between health information exchange, information messaging standards, documents, images and data
- Digitised applications – electronic health records, clinical documentation, eprescribing, medication management, device integration, alerts and decision support
- A fully enabled infrastructure – network, wifi, unified comms, email, collaboration, end user technology, virtual care services
NHS England have communicated their view that Open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) have an important part to play in achieving digital transformation, and this is where we can help. (You can read the NHS Open API Policy here.)
We are a leading provider of digital solutions to the NHS. We have designed, implemented and supported many projects, which delivered the following benefits:
- Improved use of data – seamless, real-time and accurate views of patient and operational data, across agencies, organisations and departments which increases patient safety, improves productivity and moves patients along the care pathway more quickly.
- Analytics and insight – releasing and combining trapped data and transforming it into valuable information enables better decision-making, more efficient processes and enriched user and patient experience.
- Customised solutions – through our consultancy, technical and support services we can help bring critical services on line quicker.
- Cost-savings – refreshing and modernising existing systems can remove the need to invest in new systems; getting expert help saves time and staff overheads, and increases productivity.
Review, Upgrade or Improve – Find out about our InterSystems services for NHS Trusts.
We are registered as a Crown Commercial Services Supplier, which demonstrates our commitment to working with the UK Public Sector and NHS. We have extensive experience in helping NHS agencies with their integration and support, and we often see our customers modernising their legacy applications as a means of keeping costs and risk under control.
Take a look at the technologies we work with, as well as some of our industry case studies below.
Click on the images below to read our industry case studies.