Since 2007 we’ve been designing, implementing and supporting systems for our Utilities clients. Changing regulations, economic pressures and customer preferences are reshaping the landscape and companies are working hard to keep up. They’re often struggling to stay competitive as they diversify their product lines away from their traditional core business, and they all need seamless systems to support these changes.
Currently online retail sets the bar for digital transformation, and customers / citizens are now expecting much more from all organisations, including utilities. People increasingly expect speed, ease and low-cost.
In fact, the ideal digital experience has 6 characteristics
- It’s real-time
- It’s on-demand
- It’s all online
- You can ‘do it yourself’
- It connects to social
- It connects to even more – like recommendations and cross-sells
Utilities companies seem to be a way off delivering these. In a recent poll many customers said they expected much more from their utilities companies. Of course it is to be acknowledged that there are differences among the utilities industries such as water, gas and electricity. However across the board, utilising the latest technologies like APIs and API management, companies can increase revenue by creating new revenue streams. This is where we can help.
We are a leading provider of digital transformation solutions in the utilities industry. We have designed, implemented and supported many projects, which delivered the following benefits:
- New revenue streams – for example through the use of APIs
- Improved use of data – seamless, real-time and accurate views of information across organisation departments, from customer services to analyst levels.
- Analytics and insight – releasing and combining trapped data and transforming it into valuable information enables better decision-making, more efficient business processes and an enriched user experience.
- Customised solutions – through a fusion of our consultancy, technical and support services.
- Cost-savings – refreshing and modernising existing systems can remove the need to invest in new systems; getting expert help saves you time and staff overheads.
We have experience integrating many applications commonly used in this sector. We integrate modern cloud applications with functionally rich legacy applications, as well as cloud to on-premise. We often recommend a Centre of Excellence approach to our utilities customers. In addition, we’re registered with Achilles UVDB supplier management communities, which demonstrates our commitment to the utilities industry.
Take a look at the technologies we work with, as well as some of our industry case studies below.
Click on the images below to read our industry case studies.