Integrella supports Twig Education to enhance their eLearning delivery and feature capability to ensure their continued expansion across the US & school districts
Twig Education are pioneers in Science Education and have been revolutionising classrooms globally for ten years. Twig’s mission is to change the face of education around the world using award-winning resources to ignite a curiosity within students, which will stay with them throughout their lives.
Twig has delivered K-12 science programmes exploring real-world phenomena through student-driven investigation and discovery. They think outside the box to improve student and staff experience within the digital space.
The Partnership with Integrella
Twig’s goal is to capture the rest of the US territories with its disruptive Twig Science K8 program. Twig needed an Agile development partner that would help them increase technical development velocity, support its enhancement of K6, and be a key partner in building their 6-8 program. They partner with a depth of expertise in full stack application development, and cloud and microservice architecture as well as areas of API digital integration, which Integrella are well suited to.
“The Integrella team quickly integrated into our team, they understood our architecture, digital/cloud technologies and agile methodology. Most importantly they had the right can-do culture which made them an excellent fit for Twig. Twig has recently been purchased by Weld North (now Imagine Learning) and has ambitious plans for the future which Integrella will play a large part in by assisting us to help scale out our Agile teams to deliver it.”
– Alan Barrow, CIO, Twig Education
Implementing Innovative Features while hiding technical complexity
To drive their technical developments, Integrella deployed a dedicated Agile team of digital experts to expedite cutting-edge, innovative feature developments and workflows including:
- Assigned lesson modules
- These automatically show up on student dashboards, with the due date for completion. They improve the effectiveness of assignments and check student progress. Teachers can share, view, edit, close and revoke access of student assignments when they see fit.
- Turn-in feature
- Improves collaboration between the student and teacher, with students able to ‘turn-in’ their assignments for teachers to review. Teachers receive a notification and see progress indicators for each assigned lesson. This allows them to track student progression and work with those who may be lagging.
- Enhanced Accessibility through integration of ReadSpeaker
- A critical feature to support young learners with difficulty in reading to listen to the reading material instead. Not only does this availability of this feature help Twig capture a wider market share but is also mandated by a number of school districts. Integrella supported integration of the Twig Science platform with third-party text-to-speech platforms for real-time conversion.
Other innovative features include the ability for teachers to manage lessons all in one place. Teachers can now filter and sort assignments by category, making the process more comprehensive and speeding up the feedback process.
As of 2021, Integrella has:
- Improved development and delivery speed for Twig by following the Agile methodology and delivering all features and tasks on time.
- Made smart estimates to capture maximum tasks on Sprint, which has quickly reduced backlogs and increased speed of feature development.
- Improved capability across Twig by providing full stack developers and removing back-end or front-end bifurcation of skills and knowledge.
- Been involved in R&D work which is useful in building futuristic platforms, such as the NextGen platform.
Integrella is a specialist IT services company supplying round-the-clock support to organisations across the education and healthcare sectors, as well as in the public sector, financial services, retail, and utilities sectors.
We enable digital transformation through Agile, full-stack product development, API management, DevOps and Microservices. Our expert IT integration services include consulting, development, delivery, support, and resourcing. We deliver our solutions by applying agile principles, developing accelerators, and equipping our team with the expertise they need.