Now more than ever, the need for integrated risk management and closer collaboration between the trading desks and the middle office risk management functions is being highlighted by financial institutions in the UK, as well as by external regulators globally.
Virtually all parties support an integrated approach to risk yet still department and information silos are pervasive, and hinder banks from gaining an accurate picture internally and creates difficulties in meeting new legislative requirements.
Integrella were approached by a major investment bank who were facing a number of challenges:
- Managing the complexity of integrating numerous front and middle office systems across cities in the UK, USA, Africa, Hong Kong, and Brazil
- Expensive, resource intensive and time-consuming traditional approaches to data integration
- Increasing need for accurate and effective risk capture
- Need for fast access to risk numbers
- Aggressive project deadlines
Working with the company, Integrella was able to provide them with a holistic picture of risk management by integrating IT systems to allow an enterprise-wide view of risk and convert data into actionable information.
- Integration of numerous front, middle and back office systems, including Murex GTS, Murex EQD, Front Arena, Spectrum and Asset Control
- An Enterprise Service Bus architecture that provides much needed flexibility and support
- Real-time integration for intra-day calculation of risk
“The project went live on time and within budget, which was an achievement considering the strict timeframe to deliver by the end of the year. Without the Integrella contribution it is questionable whether this would have been the case.”
— Credit Risk Project Manager
Integrella continues a successful and rewarding relationship with this organisation amid internal and external changes, including mergers and huge shifts in the financial services market. In addition we provide Long Term Support for their integration infrastructure, which means they can rest in the knowledge that their middleware is taken care of.
Integrella is a specialist IT services company with extensive experience across UK sectors. Our services include consulting, development, delivery, support and resourcing. We deliver our solutions by partnering with top vendors in the industry.
The pressure is on every organisation to be more connected, more convenient, more compelling and more social. These needs drive digital transformation. Integrella can help you realise the potential in what you already have – and set you on the right digital track.