At Integrella we’re working with a number of NHS Trusts to help streamline their processes and meet objectives for 2018. We’re especially inspired by how APIs can enable better clinical decision making in the NHS.
So we were very interested to read the latest NHS IT Leadership Survey Report, which highlights what’s driving decision-making across NHS IT, providing critical insight into the sentiment, priorities and challenges facing NHS IT and digital leaders.
Integrella has a long history and strong track record of working with NHS Trusts, and can help in many of these areas identified in the report findings. We work across industries helping organisations with their digital transformations, and bring this experience to bear in the NHS.
Here are some of the main report findings:
- Interoperability is the top current priority for most IT leaders
- Electronic patient records (EPRs) remain the biggest IT project on which leaders are currently working
- Most feel overall NHS IT budgets are insufficient – however cybersecurity budgets are expected to increase in the coming year
- Responsibility for NHS IT ultimately lies on CIO/IT Directors (and Heads of IT)
- Digital patient services are on the up, but far from widespread
- Cloud services are becoming more popular
- Optimism the NHS will be paperlight by 2020 continues to wane
- Confidence in integrated care records rebounds – these can be enabled by APIs
- Evaluation of the global digital exemplar (GDE) programme – Integrella is working with a couple of these GDEs at present
Please contact us for a free consultation to find out how we can help. Just drop your details into the form.